"Perspective"

At the end of eighth grade, our teachers asked us to think about what we wanted to focus on in high school. They wanted to know what we wanted to do in the future and what our plans are for the next year. I started to think about all possibilities for the future, but nothing in particular came to mind. This lack of itinerary led me to wonder about what my purpose is. What am I doing here and what am I supposed to do with my life? Will it really matter what I do? Human life is fleeting--spanning only a couple of decades. Pondering these questions helped me realize something important. I learned that life doesn’t always depend on finding exactly what you have to do. Its about enjoying what you have to the fullest because you never know what is coming next. In the piece, I kept this in mind while playing with the idea of butterflies. You can see them as a beautiful creature, or look at them just as another winged insect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment